The Delve Cadre
John Frisch, JD
Executive Coach and Consultant
A Leadership Coach and Facilitator, John helps leaders deliver better results, joyfully. As one who focused on personal growth while he was serving as a senior executive, John’s work is informed by the wisdom he gained from serving as a chief executive officer and change-leader.
From more than 15 years leading Miles & Stockbridge, a large regional law firm, John understands the challenges of leading change from direct personal experience. During his tenure as a leader, he led firm-wide vision and strategic planning efforts that were coupled with the intense development of firm leaders. John’s transformational work included the creation of a high-performing, values-based culture and a special focus on diversity and inclusion.
John works with senior and rising leaders in a wide range of industries and not-for-profit organizations. He enjoys coaching leaders who are in life, career or leadership transitions. This can include clients who are taking on additional leadership responsibilities in their organizations. Often this includes leaders who are searching for more fulfillment in their leadership.
John focuses on coaching the whole person, giving clients the opportunity to explore what matters most to them as a person and a leader. With his goal of helping his clients find more joy in their lives, people that John has worked with report both more fulfilling personal lives outside of their leadership domains and better results at work.
John is a regular keynote speaker on leadership and frequently leads workshops in organizations exploring leadership competencies and culture change. These workshops often explore the key characteristics of effective leaders and organizations.
John enjoys assisting organizations with the development of Visions and Strategic Planning. This work often includes the identification and socialization of Core Values and an organization’s guiding Mission.
- 35 years at AmLaw 200 regional law firm (1983-2018; 500 employees). Served in a variety of leadership capacities for more than 25 years, including as Chairman & CEO for more than 15 years.
- Chairman of the Downtown Partnership of Baltimore, where he led a Vision and Strategic Planning effort.
- Chairman, Visit Baltimore (Baltimore’s Convention and Tourism Bureau), where John recently completed a comprehensive Vision and Strategic Planning effort and led the search committee that hired a new CEO.
- Boards of Trustees, Dickinson College and the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law.
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Executive Certificate in Transformational Leadership (Georgetown University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and American Studies (Dickinson College)
- Juris Doctor (University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law)
When not at work, John enjoys spending time with his family, gardening and scuba diving.